Manage Your Aol Mail Account Here
AOL Mail includes a variety of services i.e. AOL mail, AOL Instant Messenger, AOL Video, video search, news, sports, weather, etc. With the help of AOL Mail, you can connect to the millions of people across the world.
How to Create an AOL Account?
The first step is to create an account for accessing all the services of AOL Mail. So, follow the step-by-step procedure that is given below for account creation:
- Open a web browser, for example, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.
- Now, type mail.aol.com in the address bar. Then, press the Enter from your keyboard.
- By doing so, it will open the AOL login window.
- To start the process of AOL Mail account creation, click on the Create an Account” tab which is given at the right side of the window.
- After that, it will take you to the AOL account creation window. For creating an account, you need to fulfill all the required details.
- First of all, enter your first name and last name into their respective fields.
- Now, provide a valid email address to receive important emails from AOL.
- Next, create a password that should be difficult to guess but easy to remember. Also while creating a password, you need to fulfill all the password-specific requirements that are given below:
- Your password must contain at least 8 characters.
- At least one uppercase and lowercase letter should be used.
- The password must contain at least one number.
- Also, use valid symbols.
- To proceed, enter your Mobile Number into the given field to receive important text messages for example verification code, etc. But before entering your phone number, select your country code by clicking on the drop-down menu box given there.
- In addition, type your birth date and year into their respective fields. Select your birth month by clicking on the drop-down menu box.
- Next, it will take you to a new window. Click on the “Text me a Verification Code” tab and you will receive a code on your mobile number.
- Open the text message from your inbox and note down the verification code.
- To complete the process of account creation, enter the same verification code in the next window. Then, click on the Verify button given there.
- Now, it will show you a Confirmation Message on your screen. Hence, this finishes the AOL Mail account creation procedure.
AOL Mail Login
Once you have created an account, pursue the below-given guidelines for signing into your account.
- Start the process by opening a web browser.
- Now, go to mail.aol.com.
- The AOL Mail Sign In window will appear on your screen.
- In the first field, type your email address that is linked with your AOL Account. Then, click on the Next button.
- In the next window, enter your password into the given field that you used at the time of account creation.
- Lastly, click on the “Sign In” button for login to your AOL account.
Steps To Resolve Mail Issues
Check Your Login Credentials
If you are facing issues while login to your AOL account, it may be possible that you are providing the wrong credentials. Hence, consider the below-given points while typing your email address:
- Provide the email address that is associated with your AOL account.
- Make sure that you have entered all the characters of your email address in small case letters with no spaces.
Also, if you are typing the wrong password again and again or forgot your password, follow the given instructions to reset your password.
- Go to mail.aol.com.
- On the sign-in page of AOL, enter your email address and then click on the Next button.
- To initiate the process of reset password, click on the Forgot Password link.
- A new window will appear on your screen asking you- do you have access to your registered phone number? Select the checkbox of “Yes, text me a verification code” if your phone number is working.
- Next, open the message inbox on your phone and note down the verification code from your text message.
- You need to enter the same code in the next window. Then, click on the Verify button.
- Now, you need to select the checkbox of “I’m not a robot” to confirm that you are real. To continue, you need to complete the captcha task. For that, follow the instructions displayed on your screen and select the required pictures. Then, click on the Verify button.
- Now, click on the Continue button which is positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Then, it will show you the Reset Password window. Enter a new password by keeping in mind all the requirements of a secure and strong password.
- In the next field, retype your password in order to confirm it. Make sure that you have entered the same characters as in the above field otherwise, it will show you an error.
- Afterward, click on the continue button to successfully create a new password.
- Then, the Password Updated window will display on your screen. Also, if you want to add a recovery email address or password, provide the required details. This will help you in recovering your credentials in case you forget your email address and your password sometime in the future.
This completes the password reset process.
Delete Past History from your browser
Past history sometimes slows down the performance of your browser and creates problems while accessing the websites. Hence, follow the given procedures to solve all the AOL mail login issues.
For Chrome Browser:
- Open the Chrome Browser on your system.
- Then, click on the Customize and control icon located in the upper-right corner of the window.
- A list will appear on your screen. You need to select the History option from the list.
- In the next window, click on the Clear Browsing Data tab which is located in the left side of the window.
- It will show you a dialog box, select the Time Range for which you want to delete the history.
- Then, select the appropriate checkboxes and click on the Clear Data tab.
For Safari browser:
- Open the Safari browser on your Mac.
- Then, go to the upper-left side corner of the window and click on the Safari tab.
- From the given list, select the History option.
After that, it will show you a pop-up box, select the time period and then click on the Clear History button.
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Then, click on the Customize and control Google Chrome > Settings> Advanced> Privacy and Security> Site Settings> Pop-Ups and redirect.
- It will take you to a new window, select the Toggle button to block the firewall.
- Open a Safari browser on your Mac.
- Afterwards, click on the Safari tab.
- It will show you a list of options. Select Block pop-up windows option to block the firewall.
- Open Google Chrome from the desktop of your system.
- Then, select the Toggle button to enable the settings.
- Open the Safari browser.
- Click on Safari> Preferences> Security.